Friday 5 July 2013

Friday Flower

It's so nice to get home from work and have a little wander around my garden. Now I am not just getting flowers but food too. I am growing salad leaves, kale, courgettes, chilli's, peas and runner beans plus loads of herbs in my kitchen garden!

here's a little snapshot of my herb tray with parsley, lemon balm, Thai basil and sage. It's great to know I can just step out of the door and pinch some leaves for a flavour burst. 


Also in there is some chamomile (actually loads as its grown really well), but I'm not really sure what to do with it. If anyone has any tips for making tea or soap I would love to know them. 

2 comments:

  1. To make tea you need to dry the herbs first. Then I think it is around 2 spoons per cup and add boiling water, obviously need to put it through a strainer before drinking! They use it over here not only to aid sleep but also for digestive problems.

    Can you grow it near a path, it doesn't mind being stepped on and the scent is lovely when you do stand on it; hence chamomile lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm going to give it a go this week, hopefully the sun will help them to dry quickly. Do you put honey in it?
    I've put one plant in the front garden and it's gone wild!

    ReplyDelete