Monday 4 July 2011

Bow Birthday Cup Cake

To celebrate my friend Miss Frazer's birthday I decided to make her a super-cute, giant cup cake, after my success with sugar paste roses I thought I'd try another form of sugar paste decoration, this time bows! I found a brilliant tutorial on CakeJournal and gave it a whirl.



I was impressed with how the bow came out and have worked out how to make it look better - I seem to have padded my loops a bit too much!



I was pleased with the cake too, it was a simple Victoria sponge mix made in a child's cake tin about 8cm diameter. I filled it almost to the top so I knew it would rise and make a cupcake shape. This meant I had loads of batter left over to make real cupcakes and I actually got to try one of my own cakes for a change!!

Thanks to my friend Miss Sethi for helping me with the glitter xx

No comments:

Post a Comment